Check out the video below and continue reading for the complete analysis of my MLB Best Bets. I’ve written up a quick guide with key terms and helpful advice if you choose to tail my daily picks. You will see this daily column updated every day between 10:30 am – 12:30 pm EST.
Free Merch Giveaway on Twitch at 1:30 pm EST tomorrow! Follow and subscribe:
Peter’s 2021 MLB Regular Season Record: 264-201 (56.8%).
2021 Postseason Record: 17-11
NLCS: Atlanta Braves (+125) at Los Angeles Dodgers (-145) at 8:08 PM EST on TBS.
Series Lead: Braves Lead 3-1.
Max Fried (LHP, Braves) [14-7, 3.04 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 165.2 IP, 158 K, 41 BB]
Joe Kelly (RHP, Dodgers) (Expected Bullpen Game)
Click here for a complete preview of the Braves vs. Dodgers series.
Peter’s Best Bet: Braves vs. Dodgers First 5 Innings Under 4.5 Runs (-115)
Stats to Watch
- Max Fried will most likely be the starter for the Braves.
- The should be a bullpen game for the Dodgers. Only Phil Bickford, Justin Bruhl, and Tony Gonsolin pitched in last night’s game, so the Dodgers bullpen should be at least somewhat rested.
- The Dodgers will probably start with Joey Kelly followed by a combination of Brusdar Graterol, Alex Vessia and Corey Knebel. Blake Treinen and Kenley Jansen will probably have to get more than three outs.
- Tyler Matzek has pitched every game this series, and AJ Minter has pitched in three of four. They will most likely not be avaviable for this one.
- Justin Turner was removed from last night’s game with a hamstring injury. At this time, it is uncertain whether he will be available.
- Max Fried Home ERA: 2.94. Max Fried Road ERA: 3.14.
- Max Fried Stat Line vs. Dodgers in 2021: 3 GS, 18 IP, 17 H, 5 ER, 18 K, 2.50 ERA.
- Max Fried went six innings, allowing just two runs in a Game 1 victory over the Dodgers. That was on October 16th, so he will be on normal rest.
- The Dodgers have a .561 OPS against left-handed pitching in the playoffs, and a .757 OPS in the regular season. Lefties appear to hurt the Dodgers.
- The Over is 3-1 in this series.
- Dodgers Bullpen ERA in the Playoffs: 2.74. Braves Bullpen ERA in the Playoffs: 2.60.
- The Braves were 36-13 during the regular season as underdogs. They are an underdog today.
- The Braves were 46-35 on the road this year, while the Dodgers finished 58-23 at home.
Just Baseball Staff Best Bets
Aram Leighton (14-10): Atlanta Braves ML (+125), Braves vs. Dodgers First 5 Innings Under 4.5 Runs (-115)
Ethan Budkowsky (10-9): Los Angeles Dodgers ML (-145)
Colby Olson (11-11): Braves vs. Dodgers Over 8 Runs (-110), Los Angeles Dodgers ML (-145)
Derek Johnson (13-9): Atlanta Braves ML (+125), Braves vs. Dodgers Under 8 Runs (-110)
Ben Bilotti (11-15): Atlanta Braves ML (+125), Max Fried Over 6 K’s (-120)
Will Cohen (8-5): Atlanta Braves ML (+125)
Jack McMullen (4-8-1): Eddie Rosario for a Multi-Hit Day (+250), Atlanta Braves ML (+125)
Playoff Staff Records
Peter Appel: (17-11)
Jack McMullen (4-8-1)
Colby Olson (11-11)
Ryan Miller (3-3)
Cam Kerry (7-6)
Aram Leighton (14-10)
Ben Bilotti (11-15)
Javier Reyes (6-5)
Will Cohen (8-5)
Derek Johnson (13-9)
Ethan Budkowsky (10-9)
Kendall McKee (1-5)
Dustin Demeter (1-1)
T Wright (2-2)
*Not Gambling Advice
People of Colorado, we have a treat for you. We teamed up with PointsBet to give you some free $$ to bet with. All you have to do is deposit at least $50 using the code “JBASEBALL” and PointsBet will match every penny in free play up to $300. You must bet responsibly, but free money to bet with is always a plus. Click this link to get started!
You’ve probably seen me sporting the Dugout Mugs in my Tik Tok’s. Thankfully, you all DM’d them enough to get us a promo code! Use the code JustBaseball for 30% off sitewide at dugoutmugs.com.
Check out the Just Baseball Collection on BreakingT