2022 College World Series Preview
By Zach Smith
While MLB and the MLBPA argued over money, the college game has taken the baseball world by storm.
9. Tennessee (+1600) The Volunteers are one of the most experienced teams in college baseball, and they have two stud pitchers in Chase Burns and Blake Tidwell (who can top 100 mph).
8. Ole Miss (+2200) Ole Miss is a front runner for the best lineup in the country. Their pitching is solid and has an essential veteran presence, and they have a top-tier talent in Justin Gonzalez.
7. Florida State (+3000) The saying has always been, “pitching wins championships,” and Florida State has a top-five rotation. They’ll be led by preseason All-Americans Parker Messick and Bryce Hubbart.
5. Oregon State (+1800) The Beavers are well-coached and have been to Omaha before. They had eight players who hit over .300 last year, and now they have three guys hitting over .400 to start the year.
4. Oklahoma State (+1800) This team is so offensively gifted. The Cowboys are led by Justin Campbell, a big 6-foot-7 right-hander who was a finalist for the John Olerud Two Way Player of the Year.
3. LSU (+1400) Their pitching has a lot of questions as it lacks depth, but the Tigers have the most offensive firepower in the country and will likely make a deep run in the College World Series.
2. Arkansas (+1200) Head coach Dave Van Horn has finished with 40+ wins nine times since 2009. They are consistently one of the best teams in baseball, and the roster they have now rivals any of those teams.
1. Texas (+750) Texas had seven players listed on the “All BIG 12 Team,” Including 1B Ivan Melendez, P Pete Hansen, SS Trey Faltine, and P Tristian Stevens. This Longhorns squad is scary good.